Southern Premier Cricket League Twitter Feed

COVID-19 Update

17th March 2020
By Adam Smith

The Management Committee is monitoring the ongoing situation with regards to the COVID-19 virus and will be taking advice for numerous bodies on how best to proceed as and when more information becomes available.

The current ECB advice is to take sensible precautions but to continue with keeping active and are not advising to postpone or cancel matches however, after yesterday's Government advice, I wouldn't be surprised if this were to change in the coming days but we will let you know as soon as possible.

We decided that it would be a sensible precaution to cancel the 2020 Club Induction (booked for Tuesday 17th March) and issue a presentation via email to those clubs who were attending.

The Captains meeting is still planned to go ahead on 23rd April but we will monitor this and let you know should this also have to be cancelled / postponed. However, this may present a logistical problem in distributing the paperwork and cricket balls to the clubs and we may need your help in arranging this at a future date.

We have also decided to convene our meetings remotely and are discussing some "what ifs" should the matches have to be postponed and/or cancelled.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via